I am an imperfect wife and mother of three who is captivated by her family, and enraptured with the irresistible character of God. I believe in compassion, the reality of God, that integrity matters, that families are worth fighting for, that every person deserves someone who believes in them, and that God works the most amazing miracles in the human heart. I am an advocate for the “outcast,” suffering, and forgotten; and revel in connecting people with the heart of God.
Our home has a revolving door that spins around almost 24/7. We love hosting many friends, family members, and college students in our home. A couple of years ago, my husband and I moved to a camp where we discipled college students for an entire summer. So fun! This summer I’m discipling college-aged young women at another camp. God has given me a passion for equipping, nurturing, and loving on young people. That is why I’ve developed this blog. So come along for the ride! I’m glad you’re here.
I grew up in a very unstable home and exited childhood with a lot of baggage, pain, and negative self-esteem (below where “X” meets “Y” on the axis). When I became a Christian, I had no idea what a relationship with God looked like – or that I could even have an intimate daily relationship with Him. The Bible was foreign and intimidating to me and there was no one to mentor me. In my damaged state I made a lot of terrible choices. God is loving, compassionate, and merciful. He has healed my wounds 100% and has absolutely forgiven my despicable sins.
God is also full of grace and surprises. He has graciously allowed me to be a part of what He is doing in this world despite my past.
He compelled me to serve at a large metropolitan church in the following ways:
- Director of Sending Ministries (Missions)
- Director of Children’s Ministries
- Speaker/teacher at our Saturday night worship service
- Recommended as a candidate for pastoring school in our denomination (After prayer and considering the needs of my family, I chose to take a different path with the idea to reconsider and possibly pursue this again at some point in the future when my children were older.)
Since that time I have:
- Written a book
- Worked as a public speaker
- Traveled the word in missions (and for fun) – Israel, Mozambique, Zambia, South Africa, Uganda, Russia, London, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska . . .
- Volunteered with many organizations and ministries
- Ministered to lots of college students (LOVE it!!)
- Attended and graduated (2012) from the Kanakuk Institute – a program that provides extensive Biblical training and equipping for recent college graduates. (My husband and I were the first “older” people to attend. It was one of the best years of my life!)
- Tended to the greatest ministry of all – my “domestic” ministry here at home!
I Am Currently
- Working on a book that’s all about Christian compassion
- Getting back into public speaking
- Discipling college-aged staff at a local camp
- Praying and looking for a position in vocational ministry
Here’s How You Can Contact Me
Check It Out
Very little of what you read on Christian internet blogs lines up with Biblical truth. It is extremely important to me to make sure that everything I teach or say on this site (in reference to God) lines up with what He says. However, I am not perfect. Although I have studied at great length, I will never know all there is to know so PLEASE check what I say against scripture. Thanks!